Visit our sponsors
Mark your calendar with these dates and look forward to an exciting year! Members should plan to attend. Meetings are held at the County Office building on Expo Drive unless noted elsewhere. Public and guests are more than welcome to attend our events unless otherwise noted. MCLA is working to protect and enhance the quality of area lakes and watersheds for the benefit of all in our community.
Manitowoc County Office Complex, Room 300
4319 Expo Drive, Manitowoc
Meetings are at 6:30pm
Upcoming Meetings & Guest Speakers:
Next general membership meeting is scheduled for 6-30-2022.
The location and time is to be determined.
- 9/24/2021 | meeting minutes
Annual banquet, awards presentations and elections of officers.
- 6/24/2021 | meeting minutes
This will be the first meeting for MCLA since 2020 when COVID-19 restrictions were in place and we have a lot of catching up to do! We’ll have an update on Lake Projects from this past year, and the MCLA business meeting will follow. If you wish to come early at 5:00 pm there may be pontoon rides available to tour Cedar Lake. Public and guests are encouraged to attend!
Thomas Koeppen, a Kayak instructor, and his team with the “Kayak Connection Program” will discuss the different types of Kayaks, their purpose, types of paddles, strokes and equipment and demonstrate safety and paddle techniques. If you are considering purchasing a Kayak or want to improve your skills this program is for you.
Aquatic Invasive Species Program 2021:
Jake Divine from Glacierland RC&D, the new AIS coordinator will update us on this year’s boat inspection program and AIS activities.
– – – –
2020 Meeting Archive:
- 2/27/2020 | meeting minutes
- Ice Fishing Manitowoc County Lakes: Clint Ward will discuss the latest trend in technology and ice fishing methods that have occurred in recent years. A life long resident of Manitowoc County and avid fisherman, he will discuss ice fishing opportunities on area lakes.
- Your Food Choices and Water Quality: Representatives from SLO Farmers Co-op, a producer marketing cooperative in northeastern Wisconsin, will speak on farm practices that protect water quality and reduce carbon emissions. Helping to connect the dots with the positive environmental impact of creating a micro-market for local farm products.
- Conservation Congress: Larry Bonde, currently state Chairman of the Conservation Congress, will talk about the role the Congress plays in advising DNR and the Natural Resource Board on Fish & Game laws and other conservation issues. He will also discuss proposals or up-coming questions on the Public Hearings scheduled for April and held in every County of the State.
- 4/23/2020 [cancelled]
- 6/25/2020 [cancelled]
- 8/27/2020 [cancelled]
- October Banquet [cancelled]
- 12/3/2020 [cancelled]
Meetings & Speaker Series Archive: