You are viewing our mobile site – view full site.
Visit our sponsors
Spring Lake News
February 21, 2019
Manitowoc County Office Building
4319 Expo Dr, Rm 300, at 6:30pm.
Our guest speaker will be Darren Kuhn, DNR Conservation Warden. He will be addressing legal issues, explain the boating ordinance process and getting State approval to boating ordinances. He will take questions regarding creating local boating ordinances, specifically to deal with mirrors on ski boats, and PFD use.read full article
Click on the maps to enlarge. Bathymetric Map Courtesy of and Copyright Sportsman’s Connection, based on Wisconsin DNR data. Watershed map courtesy of Manitowoc County Soil and Water Conservation Department. New! Zoom in even closer with this new interactive watershed mapping tool.
Directions: Spring Lake Road, Town Meeme. Take Highway 42 South from Manitowoc, West on County Highway F approximately 3.5 miles to Spring Lake Road. Travel South on Spring Lake Road approximately .5 miles Driveway to the West.
About Spring Lake
- Condition: Good/Mesotrophic read more
- Features: Parking spaces for 8 car/trailer units is provided at the lake access. Several years ago, a combination launch and fishing pier was installed.
- Boat Ramp: Paved ramp, 6% slope, >3 ft launch depth, boarding dock.
- Launch Fee: The daily fee is $5 and the seasonal fee is $20.
- ADA Accessibility Features: No. Not ADA accessible. The transition to the boarding dock is not ADA accessible (August/2011)
- Restrictions: Electric motors only, Slow-No-Wake Areas.
Town of Meeme ordinance | Wisconsin boating handbook
- Manitowoc County Map and Photos:
- Lat/Long: 43° 58′ 11.84″N / 87″ 53′ 40.89″W
- Surface Area: 9 acres
- Shorelength: .5 mi
- Depth: Max 24′, Mean 11′
- Bottom: 0% sand, 0% gravel, 0% rock, 99% muck
- Type of Lake: Seepage
Aquatic Invasive Species Threats
- Fish present: Largemouth bass and bluegill common. Panfish present.
- View complete Spring Lake regulations at DNR
- Open All Year
- Panfish: Daily bag limit 25. No min length.
- Catfish: Daily bag limit 10. No min length.
- Open 5/5/2018-3/3/2019:
- Largemouth/smallmouth bass: 14″ Limit 5.
- Northern Pike: 26″ Limit 2.
- Walleye: 15″ Limit 5.
- Motor Trolling is allowed with up to 3 hooks, baits, or lures, per angler.
- Familiarize yourself with Wisconsin fishing:
WDNR Hook & Line Guide
- Consumption Advisory: General Manitowoc County/Mercury. Click here.
Stocking and DNR Surveys
|DNR Species Summary (2010):
Number of fish caught for the following length categories (inches):
Survey Date: 05-17-2010/Gear: Electrofishing
- No record of DNR Stocking
Condition: GOOD (2018) Source
- Secchi Disk: Average summer reading 11.5 ft. (SE Georegion average 7.4 ft.)
Typically, the summer water was reported as CLEAR and BROWN. This suggests that the Secchi depth may have been mostly impacted by tannins, stain from decaying matter. Tannins are natural and not a result of pollution.
Average summer Chlorophyll 3.1 µg/l (SE Georegion average 31.6 µg/l.)
Average summer Total Phosphorus 15.7 µg/l.
Lakes that have more than 20 µg/l total phosphorus may experience noticeable algae blooms.
- Trophic State Index (TSI): 43/Mesotrophic. What does this mean?
Mesotrophic lakes are characterized by moderately clear water, but have an increasing chance of low dissolved oxygen in deep water during the summer.