You are viewing our mobile site – view full site.
Visit our sponsors
Weyers Lake News
MCLA Annual Banquet Friday 10/13/2023
Hosted by the Larrabee Sportsman’s Club at their club on Harpt’s Lake
16306 Harpt Lake Rd, Mishicot, WI
Cocktails at 6:00, dinner at 7:00 followed by program:.
“The Wisconsin Lakes Partnership and the Lake Leaders Institute”
by Eric Olson, Director at Extension Lakes
Click on the maps to enlarge. Bathymetric Map based on Wisconsin DNR data. Watershed map courtesy of Manitowoc County Soil and Water Conservation Department. New! Zoom in even closer with this new interactive watershed mapping tool.
Location/Directions: Town of Newton. From Manitowoc, take LS south to Viebahn/CI. Turn right. In 2 miles, turn left on CR. Drive 1.7 miles and turn left on Clover Rd. Lake access is on the right after Gass Lake Rd.
About Weyers Lake
- 2022 Condition: Fair/Eutrophic read more
- Features: A picturesque lake with very little shoreline development. Surrounded with dense forest growth, it is a perfect place for row boating and canoeing. The public access has 46 feet of frontage and can accommodate 5-8 car/trailer units. Boat ramp and port-a-pier. No restrooms, no lighting, no potable water.
- Boat Ramp: Gravel ramp, 6% slope, <3 ft launch depth, boarding dock.
- Launch Fee: The daily fee is $5 and the seasonal fee is $20.
Note: Aerators present in lake.
- ADA Accessibility Features: None. The transition to the portable boarding dock is not ADA accessible.
- Restrictions: Electric motors only. Town of Newton | Wisconsin boating handbook
- Manitowoc County Map and Photos:
- Surface Area: 6 acres
- Depth: Max 32′, Mean 15′
- Shorelength: .4 mi
- Bottom: 0% sand, 0% gravel, 0% rock, 99% muck
- Type of Lake: Seepage
- Lat/Long: 44.04074950, -87.73133460
Aquatic Invasive Species Threats
- None specifically reported.
- Fish present: Big bluegill, largemouth bass and an occasional northern pike.
- Open All Year
- Panfish: Daily bag limit 25. No min length.
- Catfish: Daily bag limit 10. No min length.
- Open May 6, 2023 – March 3, 2024:
- Largemouth/smallmouth bass: 14″ Limit 5.
- Northern Pike: 26″ Limit 2.
- Walleye: 15″ Limit 5.
- Motor Trolling is allowed with up to 3 hooks, baits, or lures, per angler.
- View Weyers Lake fishing regulations on DNR website and familiarize yourself with Wisconsin fishing: WDNR Hook & Line Guide
- Consumption Advisory: General Manitowoc County/Mercury. Click here.
Stocking and DNR Surveys
- DNR Fish Stocking Data: No fish stocking data on file.
- DNR Fishing Survey Report: No reports on file.
Condition: Fair (2022) Source
- 5-Year Average Trophic State: 56/Eutrophic (Source: Wisconsin DNR)
- Secchi Disk: Average summer reading 6 ft. (SE Georegion average 6.2 ft.)
Typically, the summer water was reported as MURKY and GREEN.
Average summer Chlorophyll 44.7 µg/l (SE Georegion average 24.7 µg/l).
Average summer Total Phosphorus 72.7 µg/l.
May experience noticeable algae blooms.
- Trophic State Index (TSI): 64/Eutrophic. What does this mean?
This TSI usually suggests decreased clarity, fewer algal species, oxygen-depleted bottom waters during the summer, plant overgrowth evident, warm-water fisheries (pike, perch, bass, etc.) only.