You are viewing our mobile site – view full site.
Visit our sponsors
Weyers Lake News
Click on the maps to enlarge. Bathymetric Map based on Wisconsin DNR data. Watershed map courtesy of Manitowoc County Soil and Water Conservation Department. New! Zoom in even closer with this new interactive watershed mapping tool.
Location/Directions: Town of Newton. From Manitowoc, take LS south to Viebahn/CI. Turn right. In 2 miles, turn left on CR. Drive 1.7 miles and turn left on Clover Rd. Lake access is on the right after Gass Lake Rd.
About Weyers Lake
- Condition: Fair read more
- Features: A picturesque lake with very little shoreline development. Surrounded with dense forest growth, it is a perfect place for row boating and canoeing. The public access has 46 feet of frontage and can accommodate 5-8 car/trailer units. Boat ramp and port-a-pier. No restrooms, no lighting, no potable water.
- Boat Ramp: Gravel ramp, 6% slope, <3 ft launch depth, boarding dock.
- Launch Fee: The daily fee is $5 and the seasonal fee is $20.
Note: Aerators present in lake. Only the farthest NW location will be on for the 2018-2019 winter to reduce the risk of weak ice near the boat launch.
- ADA Accessibility Features: None. The transition to the portable boarding dock is not ADA accessible.
- Restrictions: Electric motors only. Town of Newton | Wisconsin boating handbook
- Manitowoc County Map and Photos:
- Surface Area: 6 acres
- Depth: Max 32′, Mean 15′
- Shorelength: .4 mi
- Bottom: 0% sand, 0% gravel, 0% rock, 99% muck
- Type of Lake: Seepage
- Lat/Long: 44.04074950, -87.73133460
Aquatic Invasive Species Threats
- None specifically reported.
- Fish present: Big bluegill, largemouth bass and an occasional northern pike.
- View Weyers Lake fishing regulations on DNR website
- Open All Year
- Panfish: Daily bag limit 25. No min length.
- Catfish: Daily bag limit 10. No min length.
- Open 5/1/2021-3/6/2022:
- Largemouth/smallmouth bass: 14″ Limit 5.
- Northern Pike: 26″ Limit 2.
- Walleye: 15″ Limit 5.
- Motor Trolling is allowed with up to 3 hooks, baits, or lures, per angler.
- Familiarize yourself with Wisconsin fishing:
WDNR Hook & Line Guide
- Consumption Advisory: General Manitowoc County/Mercury. Click here.
Stocking and DNR Surveys
- DNR Fish Stocking Data: No fish stocking data on file.
- DNR Fishing Survey Report: No reports on file.
Condition: Good (2020) Source
- 5-Year Average Trophic State: 57/Eutrophic (Source: Wisconsin DNR)
- Secchi Disk: Average summer reading 8.5 ft. (SE Georegion average 6.5 ft.)
Typically, the summer water was reported as CLEAR and BLUE.
Average summer Chlorophyll 23 µg/l (SE Georegion average 21.7 µg/l).
Average summer Total Phosphorus 86.3 µg/l.
Lakes that have more than 20 µg/l total phosphorus may experience noticeable algae blooms.
- Trophic State Index (TSI): 59/Eutrophic. What does this mean?
This TSI usually suggests decreased clarity, fewer algal species, oxygen-depleted bottom waters during the summer, plant overgrowth evident, warm-water fisheries (pike, perch, bass, etc.) only.