You are viewing our mobile site – view full site.
Visit our sponsors
Tuma Lake News
Hosted by the Larrabee Sportsman’s Club at their club on Harpt’s Lake Cocktails at 6:00, dinner at 7:00 followed by program:. “The Wisconsin Lakes Partnership and the Lake Leaders Institute”
MCLA Annual Banquet Friday 10/13/2023
16306 Harpt Lake Rd, Mishicot, WI
by Eric Olson, Director at Extension Lakes
Hosted by the Larrabee Sportsman’s Club at their club on Harpt’s Lake
Cocktails at 6:00, dinner at 7:00 followed by program:.
“The Wisconsin Lakes Partnership and the Lake Leaders Institute”
Click on the maps to enlarge. Bathymetric Map based on Wisconsin DNR data. Watershed map courtesy of Manitowoc County Soil and Water Conservation Department. New! Zoom in even closer with this new interactive watershed mapping tool.
MCLA Lake Director: Dan Dufek
Directions: Harpt Lake Road, Town of Gibson. Take Interstate 43 North from Manitowoc to STH 147, East on STH 147 approximately 3 miles to Harpt Lake Road. North on Harpt Lake Road 1 mile to Tuma Lake Road. West on Tuma Lake road .25 miles to landing.
About Tuma Lake
- 2022 Condition: Good/Mesotrophic read more
- Features: The public access has parking space for 4 car/trailer units. There is a boat ramp. A new pier and reconstruction of the boat launch was completed in 2018. No lighting, no restrooms, no potable water.
- Boat Ramp: Gravel ramp, 9% slope, 3 ft launch depth, boarding dock.
- Launch Fee: The daily fee is $5 and the seasonal fee is $20.
- ADA Accessibility Features: None. The transition to the portable dock is not ADA accessible.
- Restrictions: Motor boats are permitted. Entire lake is slow no wake. Wisconsin boaters handbook
- Manitowoc County Map and Photos:
- Surface Area: 14 acres
- Depth: Max 36′, Mean 11′
- Bottom: 0% sand, 0% gravel, 0% rock, 99% muck
- Shorelength: .6 mi
- Type of Lake: Deep seepage (no inlet or outlet), stratified. What does this mean?
- Lat/Long: 44.28486540, -87.73353380
Aquatic Invasive Species Threats
- Fish present: Bluegill and perch common. Largemouth bass and northern pike present.
- Open All Year
- Panfish: Daily bag limit 25. No min length.
- Catfish: Daily bag limit 10. No min length.
- Open May 6, 2023 – March 3, 2024:
- Largemouth/smallmouth bass: 14″ Limit 5.
- Northern Pike: No length limit. Limit 5.
- Walleye: 15″ Limit 5.
- Motor Trolling is allowed with up to 3 hooks, baits, or lures, per angler.
- View Tuma Lake fishing regulations on DNR website and familiarize yourself with Wisconsin fishing: WDNR Hook & Line Guide
- Consumption Advisory: General Manitowoc County/Mercury. Click here.
- No stocking reports since 2014
Would you like to volunteer to collect data for this lake?
Please contact MCLA.
Condition: GOOD (2022) Source
- 5-Year Average Trophic State: 44/Mesotrophic
- Secchi Disk: Average summer reading 11 ft. (SE Georegion average 6.2 ft.)
Typically, the summer water was reported as CLEAR and BLUE.
Average summer Chlorophyll 3 µg/l (SE Georegion average 24.7 µg/l)
Average summer Total Phosphorous 18.1 µg/l.
- Trophic State Index (TSI): 43/Mesotrophic. What does this mean?
Mesotrophic lakes contain moderate amounts of nutrients, and contain healthy, diverse populations of aquatic plants, algae, and fish. Occasional algae blooms may occur. Mesotrophic lakes are characterized by moderately clear water, but have an increasing chance of low dissolved oxygen in deep water during the summer.