You are viewing our mobile site – view full site.
Visit our sponsors
Sy Lake News
The September 2018 MCLA meeting featured guest speakers Pete Tarnowski, Senior Planner Manitowoc County Planning & Zoning Department and Reed Gaedtke, Code Administrator.
Click on the maps to enlarge. Bathymetric Map based on 1964 Wisconsin DNR data. Watershed map courtesy of Manitowoc County Soil and Water Conservation Department. New! Zoom in even closer with this new interactive watershed mapping tool.
Accessibility: 43.95839660, -87.94410610
Surface Area: 13 acres
Shorelength: .82 mi
Depth: Max 31′
Bottom: 0% sand, 1% gravel, 0% rock, 99% muck
Type of Lake: Deep Seepage. Deep Seepage lakes stratify, or form separate layers of water, during the summer months and have no inlet or outlet.
Restrictions: Littering, motorboat prohibition, noise levels, rafts, piers, ski jumps, slow-no-wake areas, slow-no-wake hours, swimming regulations, water skiing restrictions. Town of Schleswig. Read the Wisconsin handbook
Recreational Features: None; private lake.
Aquatic Invasive Species Threats:
- Fish present: Largemouth Bass (Abundant), Panfish (Common), Northern Pike (Present)
- Management: N/A
- View complete Sy Lake regulations at DNR
- Open All Year
- Panfish: Daily bag limit 25. No min length.
- Catfish: Daily bag limit 10. No min length.
- Open 5/6/2017-3/4/2018:
- Largemouth/smallmouth bass: 14″ Limit 5.
- Northern Pike: 26″ Limit 2.
- Walleye: 15″ Limit 5.
- Motor Trolling is allowed with up to 3 hooks, baits, or lures, per angler.
- Familiarize yourself with Wisconsin fishing:
WDNR Hook & Line Guide
- Consumption Advisory: General Manitowoc County/Mercury. Click here.
DNR Fish Stocking Data: No stocking data on file.
DNR Fishing Survey Report: No report on file.
Condition: FAIR (2007)
- 5-Year Average Trophic State: 61/Eutrophic (Source: Wisconsin DNR)
The average summer trophic state for the last several years was 61 (Eutrophic) and was determined using satellite water clarity observations data.
- No current secchi disk data available.
- No current TSI graph available.
Based on Wisconsin DNR data