You are viewing our mobile site – view full site.
Visit our sponsors
Sy Lake News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Madison—Thousands of Wisconsinites will take to the water this Fourth-of-July for the state's busiest boating holiday of the year. During the tenth annual Landing Blitz, July 3-7th, 2019, many boaters will be greeted at landings and access points by Glacierland RC&D and Wisconsin DNR staff, as well as volunteers sharing a simple, but powerful message: YOU can protect lakes, rivers, and streams from aquatic invasive species.read full article
Click on the maps to enlarge. Bathymetric Map based on 1964 Wisconsin DNR data. Watershed map courtesy of Manitowoc County Soil and Water Conservation Department. New! Zoom in even closer with this new interactive watershed mapping tool.
About Sy Lake
- Condition: Fair read more
- Features: None; private lake.
- Restrictions: Littering, motorboat prohibition, noise levels, rafts, piers, ski jumps, slow-no-wake areas, slow-no-wake hours, swimming regulations, water skiing restrictions. Town of Schleswig | Wisconsin boating handbook
- Surface Area: 13 acres
- Depth: Max 31′
- Bottom: 0% sand, 1% gravel, 0% rock, 99% muck
- Shorelength: .82 mi
- Type of Lake: Deep Seepage. Deep Seepage lakes stratify, or form separate layers of water, during the summer months and have no inlet or outlet.
- Lat/Long: 43.95839660, -87.94410610
Aquatic Invasive Species Threats
- None documented.
- Fish present: Largemouth Bass and Panfish common, Northern Pike present.
- View Sy Lake fishing regulations on DNR website
- Open All Year
- Panfish: Daily bag limit 25. No min length.
- Catfish: Daily bag limit 10. No min length.
- Open 5/4/2019-3/1/2020:
- Largemouth/smallmouth bass: 14″ Limit 5.
- Northern Pike: 26″ Limit 2.
- Walleye: 15″ Limit 5.
- Motor Trolling is allowed with up to 3 hooks, baits, or lures, per angler.
- Familiarize yourself with Wisconsin fishing:
WDNR Hook & Line Guide
- Consumption Advisory: General Manitowoc County/Mercury. Click here.
Stocking and DNR Surveys
- DNR Fish Stocking Data: No stocking data on file.
- DNR Fishing Survey Report: No report on file.
Condition: FAIR (2007)
- Last 5-Year Average Trophic State: 61/Eutrophic
The average summer trophic state for the last several years was 61 (Eutrophic) and was determined using satellite water clarity observations data.
- No current secchi disk data available.
- No current TSI graph available.
Based on Wisconsin DNR data