Lake Director: Steve Bosiacki
Have news to report?
Contact MCLA to share observations or concerns.
- Bullhead Lake: During May and June, 15 panfish may be kept, but no more than 5 of any one species. During the remainder of the season, 25 panfish may be kept.
- English Lake: 15 panfish may be kept, but no more than 5 of any one species (all year).
- Harpt Lake: 25 panfish may be kept, but no more than 10 of any one species(all year).
- Long Lake: 15 panfish may be kept, but no more than 5 of any one species (all year).
- Pigeon Lake: 25 panfish may be kept, but no more than 10 of any one species (all year).
Data Report Courtesy of Gene Weyer
A graph created by Gene Weyer shows the updated Phosphorus Levels to include lake samples for 2020. Most Manitowoc County lakes completed the normal 3 summertime samples.get more information
MCLA, with volunteers, continues to conduct annual water quality testing of our county lakes—if there is a volunteer monitor on the lake.
In effect for the 2020-2021 Fishing Season.
Temporary panfish rule that went into effect April 1, 2016 still applies. Five Manitowoc County lakes are affected.
These regulations appear in the Manitowoc County section of the local rules in the Wisconsin fishing regulation book.
originally published Jan 29, 2016get more information
March 26, 2016 – Five Lakes in Manitowoc County have been selected by the DNR for special regulations on panfish to be effective beginning April 1, 2016. Those lakes are Bullhead, Long, Pigeon, English and Harpt Lake. A total of 94 lakes across the state were identified by biologists and anglers as underperforming - that is the mean length of bluegill and crappie is less than desirable but growth potential is good. The goal is to determine the best regulation that will increase the average size of bluegill and crappie on the selected lakes. Ultimately, a single regulation will be chosen and used to address similar lakes not meeting Panfish management goals. The effectiveness of each regulation will be evaluated in 2021.get more information