Lake Director: Ron Gerrits
Have news to report?
Contact MCLA to share observations or concerns.
- Bullhead Lake: During May and June, 15 panfish may be kept, but no more than 5 of any one species. During the remainder of the season, 25 panfish may be kept.
- English Lake: 15 panfish may be kept, but no more than 5 of any one species (all year).
- Harpt Lake: 25 panfish may be kept, but no more than 10 of any one species(all year).
- Long Lake: 15 panfish may be kept, but no more than 5 of any one species (all year).
- Pigeon Lake: 25 panfish may be kept, but no more than 10 of any one species (all year).
Data Report Courtesy of Gene Weyer
A graph created by Gene Weyer shows the updated Phosphorus Levels to include lake samples for 2020. Most Manitowoc County lakes completed the normal 3 summertime samples.read full story
Despite the cancellation of our spring and summer 2020 membership meetings, MCLA continues to monitor lake conditions in the county through the reports of lake directors.
In June, reports were submitted for Cedar, Bullhead, Hartlaub, Silver and Pigeon Lakes.read full story
MCLA, with volunteers, continues to conduct annual water quality testing of our county lakes—if there is a volunteer monitor on the lake.
Property owners get OK to form district to better manage financial needs
by Todd S. Bergmann. Reprinted with permission from the 12-26-19 issue of the Valders Journal.
The Manitowoc County Board last week approved creation of a lake district for Bullhead Lake as a means to fund treatment of water quality issues.read full story
In effect for the 2020-2021 Fishing Season.
Temporary panfish rule that went into effect April 1, 2016 still applies. Five Manitowoc County lakes are affected.
These regulations appear in the Manitowoc County section of the local rules in the Wisconsin fishing regulation book.
originally published Jan 29, 2016read full story