Lake Director: Ron Gerrits
Have news to report?
Contact MCLA to share observations or concerns.
- Bullhead Lake: During May and June, 15 panfish may be kept, but no more than 5 of any one species. During the remainder of the season, 25 panfish may be kept.
- English Lake: 15 panfish may be kept, but no more than 5 of any one species (all year).
- Harpt Lake: 25 panfish may be kept, but no more than 10 of any one species(all year).
- Long Lake: 15 panfish may be kept, but no more than 5 of any one species (all year).
- Pigeon Lake: 25 panfish may be kept, but no more than 10 of any one species (all year).
Property owners get OK to form district to better manage financial needs
by Todd S. Bergmann. Reprinted with permission from the 12-26-19 issue of the Valders Journal.
The Manitowoc County Board last week approved creation of a lake district for Bullhead Lake as a means to fund treatment of water quality issues.read full story
Darren Kuhn has collected many stories in his career as a recreation safety warden, along with a strong desire for people to stay safe while having fun. Kuhn, who works for the state Department of Natural Resources, recently spoke to the Manitowoc County Lakes Association during a meeting in Manitowoc.
Phosphorous levels are slowly increasing in Manitowoc County lakes.
Gene Weyer, water quality testing director and former president of the Manitowoc County Lakes Association, displayed graphs of phosphorous levels on 16 area lakes to those gathered at the association’s Feb. 21 meeting.read full story
In effect for the 2019-2020 Fishing Season.
Temporary panfish rule that went into effect April 1, 2016 still applies. Five Manitowoc County lakes are affected.
These regulations appear in the Manitowoc County section of the local rules in the Wisconsin fishing regulation book.
originally published Jan 29, 2016read full story